- Does it support our S-L Mission (esp. re: Native Hawaiian & Palolo kuleana)?
- Clarity of the S-L objectives & rationale: Will your students “get it?”
- Level of integration/application with course content
- Extent to which it addresses community need
- Quality of reflective activities and guidelines
Bonus points for:
- NEW faculty (those who have never received funding from S-L)
- Team players! (Work with other profs. Your syllabi will be judged independently, but each will get extra points for quality collaboration
The above criteria for incorporating service-learning into a syllabus are taken from flyer for our 2007 “Wet Feet” syllabus integration contest.